A Proper Skins Fire Review
A lot of people have been saying that they don’t like Skins Fire but I’ll give you a few reasons to change your mind-
- Effy’s boss is meant to look like Freddie, this is not a coincidence. It is apparent that Effy still did not move on in the first part and was hoping that this man who looks like Freddie and seems to care about her will bring her true love.
- When Effy is shown smiling in the last scene, it is because she finally grew up in her own way. She stopped manipulating people to get what she wants. She accepted the consequences of her actions instead of running from them like she did when she hit Katie with a rock while being high. She was not smiling because she “got even” with her boss. That would be too simplistic for such a complex character. I think she understood that everything she did up to that point was “right” because she let Emily know that Naomi was dying and made sure Dom wouldn’t get in trouble.
- Some people are claiming Effy was selfish in this but on the contrary, she was the most selfless that she has ever been. She risked her life for her boss, and she tried to do her best for Naomi in the only way she knows how. Effy does not like to show her emotions but she bought them a new apartment to make Naomi happy. She went to all of Naomi’s appointments and let Emily know that her girlfriend was dying. Even though everyone was quick to blame Effy for all that’s gone wrong, she tried her hardest to please everyone.
- Effy slept with Dom because that’s the only way she knows how to fix a bad situation. When it was over, she realized she can’t use sex as a solution to her problems anymore because she’s an adult now.
- The series didn’t mention Freddie because Effy is trying to move on with her life. She worked hard to make something of herself. Her depression was an awful experience and her use of drugs never led to anything good. Growing up is realizing that you can’t change the past and you must learn to move forward no matter what life throws at you.
SKINS FIRE RANT
I didn’t like Skins Fire because the point of making these series with old characters was to tie the loose ends we had on the previous seasons, but instead of clearing things up, they made a whole new story. They could have hired new actors and make this story and it would have made better sense.
FOR FUCKS SAKE EFFY’S LOVE OF HER LIFE WAS VIOLENTLY KILLED, ADDING MORE DAMAGE TO THE MESS SHE WAS, SHE HAD A MENTAL DISORDER. But what do we see in the new series???
Oh she’s completely fine, she’s almost normal, she never ever remembers Freddy or Cook.
I wanted to know how she handled that. I didn’t want to see her again in this like almost alternate universe for fucks sake.
And for what I saw on the preview Casie’s episode are gonna be just the same.
Ugh why did they have to fuck everything up.
This is ridiculous. The writers and even Kaya had said this was all about Effy being grown up and putting her dark past behind her. That includes Freddie and Cook and all memories with them. And I doubt that Freddie was the love of her life. She was a teenager with major mental issues and he did help her and save her life, but that doesn’t mean he was the “love of her life”. And really, if your boyfriend just upped and disappeared and you find out he was killed by your therapist, you wouldn’t want to think about it either. Unless, you’re the kind of masochist who’d rather live in the past rather than the present and think about the future.
When we last saw Effy, she was a drugged up teenager. We missed like 3 years between then and now, who are you to say that she didn’t spent the time getting over the events from series 4 and coming to terms with everything? Skins series 7 was never promoted as being a catch-up series, it was promoted as a series where we saw fan favourites RIGHT NOW in this day and age. I honestly couldn’t care less about how Effy feels concerning Cook and Freddie. They’re apart of a past that she clearly doesn’t want anything to do with. She lives in the here and now.
The fact that so many people are complaining it is clear that so many Skins fans missed the entire point of series 7. Good job guys.